Wednesday 8 May 2013

Recent Favourites



Hey guys, so I thought my first blog post should be about a few of the items I've been loving the past little while. So here are those little gems...

 First of all I've been looking for a nice eye palette for, like, ever. So a couple of months ago, with my birthday coming up I thought I'd go for one of the hyped-up Urban Decay naked palettes. However, I ran out of time to go to my nearest Debenhams for a peek at this blogger holy grail, and found myself wandering aimlessly round Boots instead...enter the Stila stand.


This little beauty caught my eye, and I fell instantly in love. It's just such a great everyday palette, mostly I've been using a mixture of the second closest one, top row (kitten) which is a gorgeous shimery champagne colour, with a pinky undertone (my best attempt at description). Along with the farthest away in the top row (sandstone) in the crease, this one is just a nice natural, matte brown.  Actually I also use sandstone for my brows, so a great all-rounder.  There's also a 'smudge stick' eyeliner in "damsel", which is nice but I'm not a huge eyeliner fan.




For the afore mentioned birthday, I received a cheeky little Boots voucher, so it wasn't long before I was back  wandering the isles for faaar too long.  Firstly I picked up the Revlon powder blush in '003 Perfectly Peach'. As the name suggests it's a lovely pink toned peach, and as much as I wanted to take the plunge into cream blushes, I'm just not ready yet. This is a perfect spring blush and has become a staple in my daily make-up routine. Secondly this Thermal Spring Water, from La Roche-Posay; a really gorgeous and relatively inexpensive refreshing spray. I just love the way it feels on my skin, and it's been great for reducing redness too. I guess it's sort of along the same lines as the Caudalie beauty elixir just a great, refreshing moisture spray and I use it morning and night!



I am a self-confessed lip product addict, there's no denying it. A recent addition is the Clinique chubby stick in Oversized Orange. Not sure if the pout-y lip shot does it justice but this has been my go-to lip product recently. A really sheer balm with a bit of a coral/orange colour to it, easy to wear and great for Spring/Summer (if we ever get one in Scotland).


Finally, then another little gem from OPI.  As I'm off to Berlin at the end of the month I though, I just had to pick up a shade from the Germany collection, obviously. This is the shade 'Berlin There Done That' (couldn't resist). Of course, I bought it mainly because of the name, however I do actually love the colour. It's not been at all sunny  up here the past month so the taupe/cement shade has been a perfect match for the weather.

So thanks for reading everyone, let me know what products you've been loving recently!

2 comments:

  1. They all look so nice! I've heard so many people talk about the La Roche Posay range, but I'm yet to try anything! Great post :)

    http://thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's the only one I've tried from the range, but I can only say good things so far! Especially if you have sensitive skin :)

      Lauren x

      Delete